Terrorism Composition : Introduction: Terrorism is one of the most emotive, politically charged and controversial issues of the world today. Today, it appeared throughout the world as a threat to humanity. It is of different characters and strategies. The terrorists, despite being heavily outnumber by billions of people aspiring for peace, have mostly remained scatter and hidden around the world.
Concept of terrorism : So far no one has been able to define terrorism’ in a manner that could be universally acceptable. Nevertheless, all peace-loving and justice upholding countries and people generally tend to consider extreme forms of intimidation and violence intend to frighten, injure and kill human beings or to coerce, harm, subdue, subjugate and destabilishe groups, government, states, regions and the international community as act of terrorism.
In webster’s collegiate dictionary, terrorism has been define the use of physical force in a coordinate manner by an organize group or groups so as to injure others. A different view of terrorism has been provided by George Sorel. To him, terrorism has been the revolutionary denial of the existing order mainly with a view to creating a new order. So, terrorism may be define as the application of violence or threaten violence intend to create panic in a society, to weaken or ever overthrow the incumbents, and to bring about political changes.
Nature of terrorism: Now a days, terrorists have mostly remained scatter and hidden around the world. They now act on a wider variety of motives than ever before. Some features of terrorism involves the following:
- The anarchists and the left wing terrorist groups that succeeded them, down through the Red Armies that operated in Germany, Italy and Japan in the 1970s, have vanished. Now the initiative has passed to the extreme rights. Most international and domestic terrorism these days, however, is neither left nor right but ethnic separatist in nature.
- The terrorist groups like the Irish Republican Army (IRA), the Kurdish extremists in Turkey and Iraq, the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka, The Basque Homeland and Liberty movement in Spain and many other groups have had political as well as terrorist groups.
- Bombing on targets also in another form of terrorist operations.
- Assassination, abduction etc. also are being practice by many terrorist groups. History contains a lot of incidences of assassination like assassination of Nehru in India.
- The worst type of terrorism is state sponsor terrorism. It has the advantage of having immense physical power, unlimited access to media and enormous clout to rally round international state clubs.
Conclusion : To say the least, terrorism is a disease, a menace, an evil and a crime against humanity. It has no place whatever in any religion. Nor does it has any place in a civilize society. Therefore, in any form or manifestation, wherever and by whoever it is committed, can never be condone. Any act of terrorism-whether it is target against the Twin Tower or the occupie Arab territory is a serious criminal assault on human kind and must not go unpunished.
Read more compositions.
- Digital Bangladesh Composition (PDF)
- Composition: A Journey By Boat I Made
- Tree Plantation Composition (PDF)
- Student Life Composition (PDF)